Author Topic: New flying game idea  (Read 20659 times)

Dirty Work

• View Profile
Re: New flying game idea
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 01:38:06 AM »
Great idea. Would have to really prove itself, to make it, I'm assuming. Like Wings of Duty is doing now, getting die hard fans. The graphics and flight model has been done, at least 50% or 75%, by x-plane 10 on iPad, and it is fun, but very difficult. Almost to the point where it is more difficult than flying itself. Overkill. Graphics and realism would have to be there, but no doubt it can be done better than x-plane did on tablet. Wings of Duty and Gunship have more realistic physics in my opinion than any other tablet simulator, so if anybody can pull it off, it is them. But with such epic sims like Vietnam, Mig Alley, and Wings of Duty, IMO they already have goldmines on their hands, so why bother? Why bother now, when they could do that in a year or so.

SkyDavis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 04:37:38 AM »
Guys,

Recently, I've been watching this reality show on youtube:

And I really got inspired by those bush pilots, so may be we could create a small game in this topic, about Bush Pilots in Indonesia.

Do you think this going to be a fun game? Let us know.

Thanks,

Phillip

Sounds cool to me. I have always dreamt of being a bush pilot. Its actually what I am thinking of going to school for. A nice relaxing flight sim on the subject would be awesome.

misfit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »
There was an old flight sim called SOLO FLIGHT by Microprose that I played back in the day that is very similar to this idea. You fly an old 1934 Ryan ST-A to deliver the mail. Graphics were terrible but you actually learned to fly, and navigate by using VORs, accurate maps, and by instruments only at times. One of my all-time favorites. I've attached a PDF of the manual to give you an idea of just how sophisicated these games were without modern graphics. Gameplay was everything back then.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:42:52 PM by misfit »

Kuiper

• Hows it going boss
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
There was an old flight sim called SOLO FLIGHT by Microprose that I played back in the day that is very similar to this idea. You fly an old 1934 Ryan ST-A to deliver the mail. Graphics were terrible but you actually learned to fly, and navigate by using VORs, accurate maps, and by instruments only at times. One of my all-time favorites. I've attached a PDF of the manual to give you an idea of just how sophisicated these games were without modern graphics. Gameplay was everything back then.
Oh cool!
erWIN ROFL

Rudolf Rednose

• If everybody does it, it must be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2016, 06:49:32 AM »
The Lyssander pilots missions would be a nice step towards this new game.

They flew at tree top level, below radar at night to extract and drop off personnel and material to the resistance in enemy territory.
They had to land on table-size fields and not crash into the hedges that are everywhere in northern France.

(A German equivalent could be the Fieseler Storch)

Cptsoshea

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 05:16:11 AM »
I've watched that documentary I ask think it's a good show, but as a pilot , for game play you would have to do something pretty realistic for the landings considering that's basically what the show is about is pinnacle and confined landings. Could be fun though.

DRAGON

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 12:32:28 AM »
Has anyone ever thought about making a helicopter game? Like apaches and cobras etc etc?

go away

• Totally not a bot... totally
    • View Profile
    • AMMEERRRRRRICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 12:39:46 AM »
Has anyone ever thought about making a helicopter game? Like apaches and cobras etc etc?

I guess it would be cool. Instead of making a whole other game just for helicopters, why not just give the helis more love in future games?
God did this company go down the drain real quick

Matt™

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »

I guess it would be cool. Instead of making a whole other game just for helicopters, why not just give the helis more love in future games?
GS3 had 6 Helicopters,people just never flew em.

AH-1s sort of just dissapeared from the spawns it seems(More pilots started flying F-100s,A-1s,and eventually strike planes).

There's just very little reason to use Helos for anything other than Rescue,simply because most Aircraft are more heavily armed.

go away

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2016, 02:40:54 AM »

AH-1s sort of just dissapeared from the spawns it seems(More pilots started flying F-100s,A-1s,and eventually strike planes).

There's just very little reason to use Helos for anything other than Rescue,simply because most Aircraft are more heavily armed.

I mean more than 6 helicopters. Once something like a Hind or Apache is in Desert Storm, helis will have even more roles, I guess.

Matt™

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2016, 02:47:16 AM »

I mean more than 6 helicopters. Once something like a Hind or Apache is in Desert Storm, helis will have even more roles, I guess.
Desert storm will likely have a similar amount of Helis.

Also,the AH-64 and Other Helos would have the exact same role as the Helos in has in Vietnam,They just do it more effectively.

You could literally expect the exact same Helicopters or something to replace them

AH-64A
AH-1J(Maybe)
UH-60s to replace the UH-1D
A newer CH-47 Variant.
A newer OH-6/MH-6 Variant

That's about it for the U.S,Iraqi Hinds wouldn't really have much use.

Plus with the likely high amount of Americans that there will be in game,they can expect to be blown out of the sky very easily.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:49:04 AM by Matt™ »

go away

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »

Desert storm will likely have a similar amount of Helis.

Also,the AH-64 and Other Helos would have the exact same role as the Helos in has in Vietnam,They just do it more effectively.

You could literally expect the exact same Helicopters or something to replace them

AH-64A
AH-1J(Maybe)
UH-60s to replace the UH-1D
A newer CH-47 Variant.
A newer OH-6/MH-6 Variant

That's about it for the U.S,Iraqi Hinds wouldn't really have much use.

Plus with the likely high amount of Americans that there will be in game,they can expect to be blown out of the sky very easily.

Yeah, good point. Having another PNTK game devoted to helicopters sounds like it would be cool, and would more than likely turn out well, as with the rest of the games.

Maybe there could be 2 different sections, Civilian and Military. Each section could have separate objectives, like "Rescue the stranded pilot" or "Provide tours on this route.

Rudolf Rednose

• If everybody does it, it must be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 07:54:20 AM »
WW1 Combat Flight Simulator.

Flanders.

Ok, there was a lot going on elsewhere but it seems like the easiest setting to start a WW1 game off since the scenery looks much like a billiard table.
Lots of room for static unmanned targets like observation balloons, artillery emplacements, railroads, enemy airfields, etc. So if there is no one on but you there will be always something to shoot.

If you actually manage to fit two players in one two seater plane like the DH4 that would be super cool. Now there's a selling hook for the gaming market.
"The first online flight simulator you can play as a team with others in your home."
Father and son navigating to a target? Friends getting together to play?
One ip adress per plane? (Or else the lag would be terrible, I guess)

(Instead of being content with every day sliding a pizzabox under the locked door of their gaming addicted son, get him to play a game together.)

Now there's a sales pitch!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:36:55 PM by Rudolf Rednose »

DeltaSierra

• Achtung, spitfeuer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2016, 05:46:19 PM »
WW1 Combat Flight Simulator.

Flanders.

Ok, there was a lot going on elsewhere but it seems like the easiest setting to start a WW1 game off since the scenery looks much like a billiard table.
Lots of room for static unmanned targets like observation balloons, artillery emplacements, railroads, enemy airfields, etc. So if there is no one on but you there will be always something to shoot.

If you actually manage to fit two players in one two seater plane like the DH4 that would be super cool. Now there's a selling hook for the gaming market.
"The first online flight simulator you can play as a team with others in your home."
Father and son navigating to a target? Friends getting together to play?
One ip adress per plane? (Or else the lag would be terrible, I guess)

(Instead of being content with every day sliding a pizzabox under the locked door of their gaming addicted son, get him to play a game together.)

Now there's a sales pitch!
Actual maps!
Having to simulate manually reloading the machine gun!

Ara Ara Adler~

• I yet live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 03:38:48 PM »
Injured or dead pilots!

So that Nigel isn't toggling Godmode in his Sopwith Pup!

*just don't actually show the guts and gore*
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:40:38 PM by Die Deustche Adler »
Hoi. Am hooman. Am totally not braindead Adler at 2 AM. Am real sentient person. Am totally not checking on the forum for hilarious insanity. Am not able to have fun.