Author Topic: New flying game idea  (Read 22869 times)

gm11

• View Profile
Re: New flying game idea
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 10:51:02 PM »
There should be missions, in which your aircraft suffers failure of certain parts, or avionics.

Matt™

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2015, 10:54:12 PM »
Weather affecting aircraft performance would be cool,doesn't have to visually do anything but cold weather possible harming the engine,stuff like that

gm11

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2015, 10:56:05 PM »
Maybe lightning strikes could also damage the aircraft. Also, if the engine fails in prop aircraft, the propeller should eventually stop spinning.

X™

• Callsign in the game: Xtm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 04:22:00 AM »
It would be a nice game, but i would like to see WoD and GS4 Korea done before making this sim

Right. It would be a shame to lose Android customers.

BlueRaa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 02:27:36 PM »
Could we PLEASE have WoD on Android first and the Desert Storm game we were promised literally over a year ago first? I hsve bought all of Phanovatives games, all of them. Please, please stick to your development promises instead of going off on tangents. I am desperate for Desert Storm. So tired of combat before 1970. Come on, something a bit more modern with this flight engine and model.

MadDog

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 02:37:04 PM »
Could we PLEASE have WoD on Android first and the Desert Storm game we were promised literally over a year ago first? I hsve bought all of Phanovatives games, all of them. Please, please stick to your development promises instead of going off on tangents. I am desperate for Desert Storm. So tired of combat before 1970. Come on, something a bit more modern with this flight engine and model.
WoD and gunship 4 Korea should be the top priority now

Bobbysox

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2015, 11:43:55 PM »
I am all for this kind of stuff.  you could have it set at different parts of the world.  dropping off hikers/fishermen/hunters in Alaska....dropping off medical supplies in the jungle somewhere...etc.  if you want to add some action you can make it where you have to get out of the area because of a revolution, or bandits who want your plane....you can also add in a bear attack on the plane like what happened to this bush pilot.

it would have to be REALor SIM..and you would have to add in some other flight controls and flight characteristics.  you would have to have variable flap settings....for short or soft field landings/take offs.  you will need brakes so you can run up your engine to full throttle and then release the brakes so you don't waste any roll out on the runway getting engine to speed.  you will also have to have better characteristics for a slip/skid....opposite aileron and rudder.  this is a major way to bleed off alt and airspeed if you need to come in high and short.  you crab into the flight path with a nose down attitude and the drag bleeds off airspeed.  I wish combat sims like WoD had this....

weather would be a great factor...heavy rain....flying on instruments while fogged in....has a lot of potential for fun.

Bobbysox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2015, 06:26:56 PM »
thinking a little more about this...you could also have planes with pontoons where you have to land on a lake, river, or ocean...and have air-sea rescue and/ or searching for downed planes or lost hunters as missions..

Scidge em

• Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
Yes, awesome idea here, but, if your gonna do it you need it to be totaly flawless. Otherwise it won't be fun as there is no "action". But yes, I recommend you should finish other things before you start new ones. Also, not saying no, but, I don't think mobile devices would be able to handle this. If you do make this I will have high expectations for it.
If you failed, but got something out of it, you didn't fail

Bobbysox

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
I don't see where a mobile device couldn't handle it...it is not that complicated of a scenario and would be single player....kind of like legendary landings game but with trees and short runways..lol

Pheonix

• Look who's here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 08:08:54 PM »
So wait...... Is phil going to make this game?
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" General Gerorge S.Patton

Tarnfalk

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2016, 09:17:13 PM »
It definitely sounds like a fun idea though you are probably going to want to include an open world mission system in it. This can just be a pop up when you land at an airport so you can accept cargo, passengers, etc and earn in game money. You can spend that money on fuel, repairs, etc.
"Any weapon is the best weapon, as long as you use it skilfully and with honour."-Skipper Banjon

You just have to love that moment when you have mastered an aircraft in a simulator to the point where you think it's broken. You know how to turn, dive, and fight to the very limits of its abilities.

The Keamstar

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »
An idea would be like an air America themed game

That would be awesome!

Ps the game would be fantastic, if it had a pc6 porter in it

YJSNPI

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:19 AM »
I have some books about TEEN JET FIGHTERS.
then i want to suggest like "Fictional Cold War ERA" like ACE COMBAT s.

cold war era can be good material for flight action games.

cxpanther

• I RACE BICYCLES WHEN I'M NOT SHOOTING YOU DOWN ;)
    • View Profile
    • BikeTiresDirect.com
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 03:52:28 PM »
Realistic mode will have weather effects, night flight and no traffic label.

You will be assigned with tasks to transport goods to those remote airports and earn XPs to unlock better aircrafts.

I believe you guys could develop almost any sim flight-related and it could be a huge success (relative to the mobile sim market). One of the smartest things Microsoft Flight Sim 2000 did was include a mission-type style of play.

Your combat engine is really slick, but you've managed to make flying super enjoyable as well (and realistic-enough even on arcade). Folks would be inclined to just chill-out, do some cargo missions, and not worry about getting shot down.

Ya know?

Is this still on the table as of January?
The most important branch of aviation is pursuit, which fights for and gains control of the air.

— Brigadier General William 'Billy' Mitchell, USAS.