• View Profile
P51-B
« on: September 07, 2019, 05:38:32 PM »
So apparently the p51b is in the game now and according to discord it's trash

Liberator(101st)3LDR

• View Profile
Re: P51-B
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 11:10:31 PM »
Personally, I like the 51B. The only issue is that many players do not know how to use it correctly.

When I first flew the mustang I thought it was sluggish and underperformed. I soon came to the conclusion that because the P-51 is indeed a HIGH ALTITUDE fighter meaning than it performs better at higher altitudes than in lower. After some testing the 51B reaches its top speed of 450ish mph at an altitude of 10 thousand feet at level flight. Another thing that made me feel un settled is the fact that once you reach the recommended altitude for the mustang it does not menuver as it should.Then it hit me that the p-51 is indeed a LONG RANGE fighter, because it is a long range fighter it carry’s more fuel than normal,and as we all know (hopefully) fuel is WEIGHT.
What I do to make the mustang perform better is taking 40% fuel at max and because the mustang is fuel efficient you do NOT need a lot of it. Secondly, I do what all mustang pilots should do and that’s climb to its recommended altitude of over 10 thousand feet to get the max out of the mustangs performance.
This is however my technique that I use and it really does work. I average about 3 kills per spawn with this. If this is any help to any of you than please consider sharing this to discord.

Jazzy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »
I prefer playing realistic mode.
Bought it today for 7500 gold.
But found out that I can only fly this bird in one ! scenario.
Almost no other players....
Hope for more scenarios and players.
"Niet praten, maar doen"   -  322 Dutch Squadron RAF

"Don't talk, but do (act)"   -  322 Dutch Squadron RAF

Picklemaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 10:14:08 PM »
Hi,
Liberator is correct, the p51 utilizes a laminar flow airfoil which is most efficient at high altitudes. We know the p51 in game is a early B model from the -3 merlin, later B, C, D, and K models used the -7 merlin. The early B models with this engine have an internal fuel capacity of 180 gallons. This is around 1080 pounds of fuel. I'm not familiar with the fuel consumption figures but I think its safe to say it's around 100gal/hr at full power. Not sure how this is modelled into the game. It sure would be nice to have control over the mixture and prop for fuel management reasons.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 12:56:51 AM by Picklemaster »
"You don't concentrate on risks you concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done."-Chuck Yeager

Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 04:25:59 PM »
Hey guys, personally I like the B model more than I thought I would.  However, it seems like it’s a bit to fast? Not that I’ll complain but how is the D model going to be able to up the B model in the performance envelope?  Also I jumped into an arcade match (rare for me but still fun) and got out turned by a 47.  Weird physics for this aircraft so far.
Callsign "The Real Hillbilly"