Author Topic: New update  (Read 221 times)

NoNamesLeft

• View Profile
New update
« on: July 14, 2019, 01:58:36 PM »
Basically this new update kind of sucked, the germans are useless in Stalingrad, they couldn't outclimb the russians before, but some planes could out turn the soviets and so the map was pretty balanced. *Soviet planes get 20% turn rate buff* -_-

Stalingrad is a slaughter and there's no point in playing the Germans until this is changed. The soviets climb like rockets and turn like zeros, their only disadvantage is how they shake a bit sooner than the Germans -_- wow. This change was completely uneeded as the map was almost perfectly balanced before, it's like they want the germans to suffer.

In addition, the new gun and engine sounds suck, the engines give off an annoying, ear splitting high pitched whine and the gun sounds suck in my opinion. They have no reverb, depth, or echo, the sound is cheap and it may as well be a stock gunfire sound from the 20s, as soon as one shot ends, the sound is cut, there's no echo or reverb...not to mention how they don't even sound like guns...a huge step down in my opinion and a terrible update.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:54:06 AM by NoNamesLeft »
Fw190>all allied fighters. Change my mind.

gm11

• View Profile
Re: New update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 08:10:14 PM »
He needs to make the guns sound like those in IL-2 Cliffs of Dover. That’s the only recent WW2 combat flight simulator that makes the gun sounds perfect. Your engine sound should be much louder than your guns and other players’ engines.

Germany Suffers from War Thunder has finally plagued this game. Tier 4 German planes are forced to go up against postwar aircraft, which usually have superior performance, when they get uptiered. Here we have the Yak-1B performing like a faster Spitfire. La-5FN and La-7 are undefeatable when an ace flies them. Most balanced map has been destroyed by this update.

gm11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:44:53 PM »
Phil said the engine sound will be louder. La-5 and Yak-1B will have their turn reduced.

NoNamesLeft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:46:37 AM »
Phil said the engine sound will be louder. La-5 and Yak-1B will have their turn reduced.
That is actually good news, I'm glad he's addressing the issue. Good on him!
Fw190>all allied fighters. Change my mind.