Author Topic: Update 4.3.1 - New German skins and Hamburg map coming soon  (Read 430 times)

gm11

• View Profile
Phanotek, Inc. has released the 4.3.1 update for Wings of Duty, also known as Gunship Sequel WW2. The new update contains seemingly minor improvements, but some of these minor changes have major implications for updates in the long run. Many players have participated in the screenshot contest for the game, and some of their screenshots have made it into the game's new loading screens. The Bf 110 and Stuka now have an uncensored German swastika on the tail of their new skins. Many planes now cost XP, although you still have to spend some gold with real currency to fully unlock XP.

The developer, Philip Phan, is also offering gold refunds for those who support the game by buying the planes that previously costed gold according to a post he made in the private Wings of Duty Facebook group.

In place of the Normandy map, the Hamburg map will be added. Players will be able to fly B-17's to bomb the city.

AlexTheGreat48

• View Profile
Re: Update 4.3.1 - New German skins and Hamburg map coming soon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:50:23 PM »
Well that’s interesting furthermore

WEICONN {EPIC}

• 🅱
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 11:33:41 PM »
Well that’s interesting furthermore
arent you supposed to be banned

AlexTheGreat48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 02:21:33 AM »
It’s good to see you too conn. And I’m surprised you still remember. Oh well goes without saying huh.

Scifer7™

• Russian bias))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:11 PM »
Phanotek, Inc. has released the 4.3.1 update for Wings of Duty, also known as Gunship Sequel WW2. The new update contains seemingly minor improvements, but some of these minor changes have major implications for updates in the long run. Many players have participated in the screenshot contest for the game, and some of their screenshots have made it into the game's new loading screens. The Bf 110 and Stuka now have an uncensored German swastika on the tail of their new skins. Many planes now cost XP, although you still have to spend some gold with real currency to fully unlock XP.

The developer, Philip Phan, is also offering gold refunds for those who support the game by buying the planes that previously costed gold according to a post he made in the private Wings of Duty Facebook group.

In place of the Normandy map, the Hamburg map will be added. Players will be able to fly B-17's to bomb the city.

I assume we email for the refund?
🅱️Oi

gm11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 11:55:12 PM »
Email support@wingsofduty.com for gold refunds of planes that used to cost gold but can now be bought with XP.

Kuroneko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 01:29:11 AM »

In my opinion, the use of swastikas is an addition to realism, like the sun on Japanese planes and the stars on American and Soviet planes (red in the case of the Soviets).

I would love to see more skins, a winter would not be bad

I hope no one is "offended" by the use of a symbol of an army that was defeated decades ago.

Storm

• gIgGiTy GiGgItY cYkA bLyAt RuSh B xAxAxAxA)))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:57 AM »

In my opinion, the use of swastikas is an addition to realism, like the sun on Japanese planes and the stars on American and Soviet planes (red in the case of the Soviets).

I would love to see more skins, a winter would not be bad

I hope no one is "offended" by the use of a symbol of an army that was defeated decades ago.
Oh boy it's this blyat again.

I'm perfectly fine with the use of the Swastika as a key part to historical camouflages (I especially love the parade schemes, like that seen on the He-51 B-2 in War Thunder, or the Stampe SV.4/Bucher Bu-131 from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. They featured the red tail with a red circle and black swastika. In my opinion it's a good design and would like to see more of it since it's now permitted.

But if you're going to argue this, do it fucking right. The swastika isn't the symbol of an army, it was the symbol of a radical and extremist political party that used the desperation and suffering of the German people to get into power, and then used their power to attempt to conquer Europe if not the world. Luckily, the Rumanians didn't have the oil for that. Also the Nazi Party has officially collapsed, but that doesn't mean their followers don't still exist and use the symbol for similar purposes. If you want to fly the swastika, I don't agree with it but you have the right to do so. Personally, I think the Iron Cross or the Square (used in IL-2 BoS) would've done just fine, but que sera, sera. Also I do hope this means we get the Hakaristi on Finnish planes in the future.

Another thing, content creators beware, this new Swastika thing could get you in trouble. If I were Phil, I would make it an option in settings to be able to turn off and make the Swastika the IL-2 Square so that they don't have to worry about their videos being marked as inappropriate. You can't compared the swastika to the American White Star or the British RAF roundel. You might be able to with the Russian Red Star, and easily the Japanese Rising Sun, but not the American roundel, to say that is just being arrogant.

At this point it's past 1 am and I'm braindead asf, so Ima end this here.

WEICONN {EPIC}

• 🅱
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 09:55:30 PM »
Bringing swastikas to WoD is unnecessary af. I don’t think anyone was losing sleep over the lack of swastikas on the original WoD German skins, and adding them to the new ones could be misinterpreted as a political statement to the apple and android consumer masses...

Unless that’s what Phil wants to say
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:57:06 PM by Conn6M »

Storm

• gIgGiTy GiGgItY cYkA bLyAt RuSh B xAxAxAxA)))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 04:15:39 AM »
Bringing swastikas to WoD is unnecessary af. I don’t think anyone was losing sleep over the lack of swastikas on the original WoD German skins, and adding them to the new ones could be misinterpreted as a political statement to the apple and android consumer masses...

Unless that’s what Phil wants to say
I agree that it was unnecessary, but I won't deny historical accuracy (most of the time, that new Japanese helicopter made me question a lotta stuff). But ye, I doubt it'll effect the game much. Hell if anything it'll get attention from the media calling Philip a Nazi (despite the fact that for the longest time American bias ruled the game). But ye, it'd look better if they added parade camos, where the swastikas were most prominent. But ye, I think the square or Iron Cross would've been more appropriate. But hey, we have the Red Star of the USSR in game, and they committed equally atrocious war crimes, so I guess an eye for an eye?

Also if this doesn't make sense, it's because I'm absolutely knackered and desperately need sleep lol

gm11

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 07:19:18 PM »
I highly doubt Phil will be called a Nazi. Just about all the big game review and journalism sites don't even have an entry for this game. If there's little coverage for this game, then I don't think anyone, not even a big YouTuber, is going to rant about it. If anything, the simple addition of swastikas will be approved by the German government as the blanket ban has been lifted since August of 2018. I think we could safely assume at this point that the swastikas are being used in historical context.

WEICONN {EPIC}

• 🅱
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2019, 03:08:51 AM »
I highly doubt Phil will be called a Nazi. Just about all the big game review and journalism sites don't even have an entry for this game. If there's little coverage for this game, then I don't think anyone, not even a big YouTuber, is going to rant about it. If anything, the simple addition of swastikas will be approved by the German government as the blanket ban has been lifted since August of 2018. I think we could safely assume at this point that the swastikas are being used in historical context.
i just don’t really see why adding them at this point is at all important.