Author Topic: Feelsbadman.jpeg  (Read 643 times)

Pepelev

• Lover of all things Mig
    • View Profile
Re: Feelsbadman.jpeg
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »
Agreed.., I think we oldies need to change this forum for the better. And we need to make Phil realise the community new and old is still here
Thankfully, most of the cancerous forum members of the semi-recent past (foxy, allied ace leader, shedletsky, alexthegreat355th, flyingroach, etc.) are long gone. The issue now is that most of us have moved on from WoD due to Phil ignoring our requests. The only people he listens to now are Bros Films and the people that run the discord server (don't get me started on the discord server...). We're at the bottom of the information totem pole, behind wingsofduty.com, the discord server, and the facebook group (similar to the discord server imo).

I agree with you both. I mean there's what 6 maybe 7 of us originals left?? And I also agree Phil has forgotten about us. As for the discord it's just a Meale of newbies who know nothing about what this community used to be or what it should be, I'm just sad this once great community and people has disended into this waffling bunch of kids

Herbie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »
Agreed.., I think we oldies need to change this forum for the better. And we need to make Phil realise the community new and old is still here
Thankfully, most of the cancerous forum members of the semi-recent past (foxy, allied ace leader, shedletsky, alexthegreat355th, flyingroach, etc.) are long gone. The issue now is that most of us have moved on from WoD due to Phil ignoring our requests. The only people he listens to now are Bros Films and the people that run the discord server (don't get me started on the discord server...). We're at the bottom of the information totem pole, behind wingsofduty.com, the discord server, and the facebook group (similar to the discord server imo).

I agree with you both. I mean there's what 6 maybe 7 of us originals left?? And I also agree Phil has forgotten about us. As for the discord it's just a Meale of newbies who know nothing about what this community used to be or what it should be, I'm just sad this once great community and people has disended into this waffling bunch of kids

Excuse you son, I'm a waffling middle-aged nerd, acting like a kid.    ....thank you very much.   
Look up at the vastness of our solar system orbiting a single star.  Imagine our sun is one of billions of stars in our galaxy.  Consider that our galaxy is one of billions in a universe that's billions of light years across.  Now you can almost comprehend the size of the F*&K that I don't give.

Kiowa40

• All Glory is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2019, 08:14:58 PM »

I agree with you both. I mean there's what 6 maybe 7 of us originals left?? And I also agree Phil has forgotten about us. As for the discord it's just a Meale of newbies who know nothing about what this community used to be or what it should be, I'm just sad this once great community and people has dicended into this waffling bunch of kids
Well I've been here for some time now, but I can't say I am one of the "veterans" to the server because many of those came during the first GSIII games. And their experience of the game changed drastically from transitioning to GSIII to Wing of Duty. I'm sure plenty of them left because they didn't like how it was from the start.

I personally enjoyed Wings of Duty from the start, but that doesn't mean it was better than the other games in the past. New features, more planes, new maps, etc. don't always equal a better game. It is mostly a matter of opinion, but somethings within a game do make one more enjoyable than another.

Take for example Battlefield (this may sound slightly off topic but bear with me).
I started from Battlefield Bad Company 2 and finished strong with Battlefield 4. I play thee living shit out of Battlefield 4 to this day, but I would argue that Battlefield 3 was the better Battlefield game. I'd go as far as saying it is the Best of the Battlefield series.
I'm not even going to get into the failed attempt of a Battlefield game known as "Battlefield 1" and I won't even speak of the cancer known as Battlefield V.

Battlefield 3, simply put, was the most connective Battlefield game of them all. The friends you made from it, the team work with nearly every objective, the realistic feeling of fighting for your given country (Russians with their AK's and Yankees with their M-16s and M-4's etc.)
The Ridiculous fun you had with almost the simplest things. Laying down C4 under friendly tanks and launching them halfway across the map, sneaking up on campers, medic trains, etc.
Then there's the immersive combat that still gives me goose bumps. The gun shots, the explosions, the crack of a sniper round passing by close. The god damn blue tint! Those moments where you and your squad are holding off a small hill that has nothing to do with the objective but for some reason both sides desperately want it and you are working your asses of to protect each other and leaving a pool smoking brass from fending off the overwhelming enemy.

Like fuck. That was some good gaming. And there was so much more too it.
Battlefield 4's success pretty much came entirely from Battlefield 3, but it would never be Battlefield 3.. And most of those Battlefield 3 veterans tried to get into Battlefield 4, but they simply couldn't. It just wasn't the same, unfortunately.

This however hasn't changed the games progression at all. Regardless of how many veterans the game has lost because of its decisions its made along the way, it hasn't gone back in a desperate attempt to get those players back. They simply keep going, making stupid decisions, attempting to attract an entirely different type of player-base, and that is the end of it.

And so it will be the same with Wings of Duty. And for the next game to be announced after it. And so on.

You may miss how things were, but unfortunately there really is no going back. I don't think it was ever meant to go back. And I knew this from the start. I knew that we had to do everything we could to better improve the game while we still could because once it was set, it would never be changed. From maps, certain aircraft, bug fixes, objectives, game play, etc. Whatever it was that needed to be improved needed to be improved while it still had life in it. Now that time has come and passes and we are left to play with what is available. The decisions made on the Devs part have not been the best, but that is simply all we will be getting at this point.

Older players should always stick around to see what is new and check out where things have gone from time to time, I just wouldn't be surprised if it looks like things are going down hill faster than they already are. The Devs haven't learned to listen to those who were trying to improve the game, and they will soon enough see where that gets them.
I say stick around. Keep in touch with friends and still be a part of it all. What have you go to lose?

But in the mean time, find something you enjoy doing rather than spending time hoping things will eventually turn for the better. If they do, WOOHOO!! If not, at least you were having fun elsewhere.
Oh and you can always join me on the Battlefield c;

Cheers.
If the A6M5 gets added to Wings of Duty, I will quit the forums forever. Lets make it happen!

Your Aircraft must be an extension of yourself..

Ara Ara Adler~

• I yet live.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 04:31:30 AM »
It is now a strange situation, that's for sure. I was not a part of the original cast (Matt, Gas, Some1, Scifer, Pepelev, and many others) as I joined in the middle of Summer 2016 (what equally strange beginnings I had there), but I've been here for a good nearly three years now. I can of course, make a conclusion.

It's gone from:

-peaceful utopia where people who were passionate about the game and what it brought to a pretty limited market at the time

-absolute chaos involving the four horsemen of the apocalypse of whom I dare not name (well, technically more than that, but I digress)

-underwhelmingly confusing stagnation as the once vibrant site becomes a ghost down of periodically unannounced insanity as the developers have moved on from a platform in which their community's voices are not heard and reminiscing is common.

At least the official WoD server on Discord gets action quite a lot more than this place.

Also, yes, I'm hardly dead. I'm still bloody well active on Discord.
Hoi. Am hooman. Am totally not braindead Adler at 2 AM. Am real sentient person. Am totally not checking on the forum for hilarious insanity. Am not able to have fun.

Conn6M

• 🅱
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 07:37:46 AM »
To think that this forum may very well be alive still if Phil actually cared about what we had to say and listened to our ideas (implementing them is another story, but at least some acknowledgement would have been encouraging)... I honestly miss the days of Foxy and allied ace leader and the 355th cancer crew, I was actually excited to come on and read whatever bullshit topics were being created every day. Highlights for those who aren’t active then: AAL insisting that the French Air Force and Red Air Force did not exist in real life (look how that turned out lol); the overuse of the  >:( emote, the 355th getting completely banned from the site, and our worship of weiken and his beautiful engrish ❤️❤️❤️

Hey Bro

• 🅱️
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 03:40:38 AM »
To think that this forum may very well be alive still if Phil actually cared about what we had to say and listened to our ideas (implementing them is another story, but at least some acknowledgement would have been encouraging)... I honestly miss the days of Foxy and allied ace leader and the 355th cancer crew, I was actually excited to come on and read whatever bullshit topics were being created every day. Highlights for those who aren’t active then: AAL insisting that the French Air Force and Red Air Force did not exist in real life (look how that turned out lol); the overuse of the  >:( emote, the 355th getting completely banned from the site, and our worship of weiken and his beautiful engrish ❤️❤️❤️
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
🅱️

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 07:47:55 PM »
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
DoN't BulLy Us 355Th HoNoR tO tHe 355Th  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Herbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
who is the 355th even.    rushhia didn't even fight in WWII i dont know why its being addded.
Look up at the vastness of our solar system orbiting a single star.  Imagine our sun is one of billions of stars in our galaxy.  Consider that our galaxy is one of billions in a universe that's billions of light years across.  Now you can almost comprehend the size of the F*&K that I don't give.

Conn6M

• 🅱
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »
who is the 355th even.    rushhia didn't even fight in WWII i dont know why its being addded.
HEY leave the 355th alone  >:( >:( >:( >:( they are epic and you’re just a bully

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• waweikaiaian com bac
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2019, 02:20:51 AM »
glorry >:( two >:( 355rd
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 02:23:02 AM by Some2 »
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

terminater man

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »
All the spam, all the crap going through the boards of the forum. Done for good bois, will periodically check back but I hope y’all the best. Have fun guys, Scifer7.

terminater man

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »
How do you go from "Done for good", to immediately "will periodically check..."? Isn't it either one or the other? Isn't that a little ironic? Ironic like "all the crap going through the boards of the forum" and this thread ^ (jk)

Well, goodbye forever. So, see you in a week? lol jk

terminater man

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2019, 12:38:06 PM »
Eh this thing that thing same difference lol and I’ll probably get bored or some shit and look for some dead forum shitposts.

terminater man

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »
Cheers.    Hacker   ;)

terminater man

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2019, 12:38:36 PM »
*Chugs*