Author Topic: How to turn and burn with some “pro” players.  (Read 509 times)

Fighterred233

• View Profile
How to turn and burn with some “pro” players.
« on: June 12, 2018, 03:35:23 PM »
I figured out something strange about myself while flying turn fighters like the zero and the spitfire. Somewhat I can compete with energy fighters but I can’t turn with any other plane that is the same with mine. I lose excessive amounts of turnfighting duels and somewhat whenever I try and turn with some particular pilots which I have enormous problems. First one is very common, I turn too soft, I can keep my energy state really high this way but most of the time my opponents get on my six in 3 or 2 turns and I die. The second problem was only recently discovered while I was practicing turn and burn. While at times I could keep up with my opponents turns my plane somewhat stalls first although my opponent is turning as tight, I end up stalling and having my opponent get on my six and quickly dispatching me without a second thought in my mind, these “pros” are usually so agressive they’d kill you even if your plane is extremely damaged and will kill you even when they’ve already been given the kill credit. I can’t call this sportsmanship but if this continues, I feel like the wod community will be only consisting of the zero series, the spitfires and some 109 pilots who can afford the fw190 or bf109G. But how about other planes?
Lastly, does anyone have any tips for me because I really really want to improve my skills here.
The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

Riptide

• View Profile
Re: How to turn and burn with some “pro” players.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »
I figured out something strange about myself while flying turn fighters like the zero and the spitfire. Somewhat I can compete with energy fighters but I can’t turn with any other plane that is the same with mine. I lose excessive amounts of turnfighting duels and somewhat whenever I try and turn with some particular pilots which I have enormous problems. First one is very common, I turn too soft, I can keep my energy state really high this way but most of the time my opponents get on my six in 3 or 2 turns and I die. The second problem was only recently discovered while I was practicing turn and burn. While at times I could keep up with my opponents turns my plane somewhat stalls first although my opponent is turning as tight, I end up stalling and having my opponent get on my six and quickly dispatching me without a second thought in my mind, these “pros” are usually so agressive they’d kill you even if your plane is extremely damaged and will kill you even when they’ve already been given the kill credit. I can’t call this sportsmanship but if this continues, I feel like the wod community will be only consisting of the zero series, the spitfires and some 109 pilots who can afford the fw190 or bf109G. But how about other planes?
Lastly, does anyone have any tips for me because I really really want to improve my skills here.
Don't keep flaps out, if your plane is getting low on energy retract the flaps, gig write more later

miszcz303

• View Profile
Re: How to turn and burn with some “pro” players.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
This is a tip for all beginners like me. I have experienced it as well. Players with the same plane could outturn me or I stall earlier than they. After some time I figured out that they could have much less fuel (ie starting with 50% or less). I've tried this and yes, it helps a lot.