Author Topic: New update problem (for me)  (Read 1744 times)

M.Quan

• View Profile
New update problem (for me)
« on: April 21, 2017, 05:41:22 AM »
The loading for BoB map takes forever. It takes me 90 seconds to join a battle and the frame rate on that map is still low. On the other side, it only takes me 15 seconds to join a battle in other maps

I also have a suggestion, how about an option to change the graphics, like removing houses and tracers so the game can run smoother?

Vassili

• View Profile
Re: New update problem (for me)
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »
I saw same thing yesterday after the last update on iPad Mini 2 with the Axis on Britain maps.  It was taking much longer to get into the rooms and then the frame rate was really bad in dogfights or around flak.  Speaking of flak, it was still gnarly.  I never tried the Allied side yesterday. 
The media is like a road.  A road that carries you where it wants you to go, even if the truth lies in the opposite direction.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr2zDCZSdAjvVdnOkvJxudg

Thatonedude

• h3Lm3ts s4ve L1ves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:08:53 PM »
and that's why I leave the map every time I spawn on it in arcade bc it's just too laggy,midway is the only map that runs real smooth(till I fly close to the atoll)on my screen plus it makes it more easy for me to pull off kills in cockpit view without all the heavy lag screwing up my sight

US dogfighter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 04:31:28 PM »
Agreed same lag on the English map but all other maps work great
BF 110 bias for life

Gonga牛逼

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
Has new Hurricane been given an update?

Just had a hurricane chase me in a steep climb to 4500m in a 109g.
I was pulling out of a dive and had good energy, about 750kph.

He was turning as I passed him and with a head start he still kept up.

No name or kill confirm message came up either.

It may have been a spit actually, even so.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:50:33 PM by Gonga牛逼 »

Storm

• gIgGiTy GiGgItY cYkA bLyAt RuSh B xAxAxAxA)))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »

How do you mistake a Hurricane for a Spitfire?!

HOW?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!...............................................

*connection lost*

Kiowa40

• All Glory is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 05:21:51 PM »

HOW?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!...............................................

*connection lost*
+ 1

What's worse is playing in my Ki-43 and getting shot at by friendly A6M3 rookies in Realistic.
> "Oh, sorry, I thought you were enemy"
Me: "Oh so you just didn't see the meatballs on my wings or did you just completely ignore my NEON GREEN skin?"

Oh... No, I completely understand. Friendly tip: Don't be petty and tell someone to drink bleach over a game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:22:07 PM by Kibbles »
If the A6M5 gets added to Wings of Duty, I will quit the forums forever. Lets make it happen!

Your Aircraft must be an extension of yourself..

Matt™

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 05:26:28 PM »

*connection lost*
+ 1

What's worse is playing in my Ki-43 and getting shot at by friendly A6M3 rookies in Realistic.
Me: "Oh so you just didn't see the meatballs on my wings or did you just completely ignore my NEON GREEN skin?"

Oh... No, I completely understand. Friendly tip: Don't be petty and tell someone to drink bleach over a game.
Identification via Colors is a bad idea anyway...Hence why Identification is taught with Black Colored Aircraft outlines and is not Colored..

Still doesn't see how you mistake a Ki-43,really only Mistakeable for the Zero,as an Enemy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:22:50 PM by Kibbles »

Gonga牛逼

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Yeah yeah, fair play.

I wasn't paying attention as I assumed I'd be well away

Gonga牛逼

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 05:30:26 PM »
I would imagine as in real life most friendly fire incidents are down to rookie pilots.

I've been guilty of it myself in realistic, it's a much more tense experience so you tend to be on alert more when getting used to it.

Kiowa40

• All Glory is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »
I would imagine as in real life most friendly fire incidents are down to rookie pilots.

I've been guilty of it myself in realistic, it's a much more tense experience so you tend to be on alert more when getting used to it.
I've yet to shoot down a friendly. Every teamkill on my "pilot profile" was caused by bug or glitch.

Simply check targets before engaging. That's all it really takes.
If the A6M5 gets added to Wings of Duty, I will quit the forums forever. Lets make it happen!

Gonga牛逼

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 05:58:28 PM »
I think you may be underestimating how difficult that is when you first start flying in realistic.

Then you have to consider what device people are using, if someone is using an iPhone and learning realistic, that's no easy task to reccy around an opponent whose wanting to ping you out of the sky.

It's all credit to the Devs who have created a game that actually creates some real tension.

Kiowa40

• All Glory is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 07:43:43 PM »
I think you may be underestimating how difficult that is when you first start flying in realistic.

Then you have to consider what device people are using, if someone is using an iPhone and learning realistic, that's no easy task to reccy around an opponent whose wanting to ping you out of the sky.

It's all credit to the Devs who have created a game that actually creates some real tension.

Its not underestimating, it's common sense. I first jumped into Realistic telling myself that exactly. I knew if I was playing a game mode where "team killing" was enabled. Paying attention and taking your time to understand the plane behind your sights would matter most.
Ya, Realistic is a big jump from Arcade or Historic, but knowing that it is infact a big jump should naturally force you to pay more attention.

If you are a new player considering trying Realistic, do what I did when I first flew.
- Very first game, opened spectator and just simply "watched" people fly. Find out what's different.

Then after, you can even make a "private game" so you can easily use that too get a better feel for the differently flight physics. That's something I didn't have when I started. Get used to flying in the Cockpit only. Get used to conserving ammo. Know your stall limits. Practice Maneuvers. Etc.

I get it, you're going to get shot down a lot at first, but the whole "Teamkilling on accident" thing just doesn't make sense to me. I can't put myself in their shoes and understand the situation. It's just over my head at that point.

What I'm saying is it shouldn't be that difficult to take a moment to see what is behind your sights before laying on the triggers. I don't see the difficulty in that. And most of the time, I am getting shot at by people I have seen times before. Sometimes even multiple times before. By then you question if they even have eyes or not. Do they even know what plane they are flying themselves?? Lol. Who knows? All I know is it's hard dodging shots from bogies and friendlies all at once. Lol, Its happens quite often now  :P oh well. Practice makes perfect. I'm glad to see more people trying Realistic aside from all else. Thanks for playing guys.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:46:32 PM by Kiowa40 »

Herbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:58 PM »

*connection lost*
+ 1

LOL, ... *why Herbie doesn't play realistic much*  terrible plane ID, failing vision, needs new iPad Pro to see the "dots". 
  Clorox has a new slight vanilla flavor.

OTOH, if I post up 4 messages asking for ID with no "." and they don't respond leading to a friendly frag...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:25:20 PM by Kibbles »
Look up at the vastness of our solar system orbiting a single star.  Imagine our sun is one of billions of stars in our galaxy.  Consider that our galaxy is one of billions in a universe that's billions of light years across.  Now you can almost comprehend the size of the F*&K that I don't give.

Kiowa40

• All Glory is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »

*connection lost*
+ 1

LOL, ... *why Herbie doesn't play realistic much*  terrible plane ID, failing vision, needs new iPad Pro to see the "dots". 
  Clorox has a new slight vanilla flavor.

OTOH, if I post up 4 messages asking for ID with no "." and they don't respond leading to a friendly frag...
If the given plane does not identify their specific aircraft then I say you are free to engage any UFO's after a few failures to comply.
However, if it were me, I'd most likely fly as close as I can until I found out for myself. I mean it's not like you are firing missiles from miles out. You naturally have to be close to hit your target, but whatever.

But for most, life is full of chances, you either take'm or lose'm. I'd personally rather lose them than be wrong.

(You also have to consider that the given player may not speak the same language or may be occupied with another target at the time.)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:25:40 PM by Kibbles »