Author Topic: Important Message  (Read 1934 times)

Kibbles

• Community Moderator | Killer Kibbstar | Onii-Chan
    • View Profile
Important Message
« on: July 25, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
Alright guys, so I probably just spent 20 minutes fixing the "Funny pics/memes/jokes thread. Have to say I'm somewhat disappointed. Why? Well let me lay it out for those of you who don't know what happened.

Someone decides to make a post with a video. Correction, at least 30+ videos. Each video is 10 hours long of the Nyan Cat.
The problem is two things. One, that counts as spam. Two, it kills the thread.

Then, someone quotes the thread and basically makes it 60+ ten hour videos of Nyan Cat. At that point almost everyone attempting to view the thread probably would not be able to. They'd suffer loading problems and nothing would load, and on a computer the window of their browser would become unresponsive.

Here's the point of this thread:

If I need to explicitly state every single rule, I will. I was hoping you guys could think "Maybe this isn't right" or at least ask at times.
Second, the quoting. If it's a post you KNOW is improper, or shouldn't be there, DO NOT QUOTE IT. You become a part of the issue by spreading it more and making moderation more difficult.

If it is something completely stupid, and you know people won't like it then do NOT do it. If it is something wrong, REPORT it and do NOT spread it by quoting it.

You two know who you are. I hate making this thread but I feel like it is needed. Consider this a warning.

I apologize for any discomfort or hurt feelings from this thread. Replies are open for discussion on a reasonable level. If need be, vent privately.
For any questions or concerns, you can contact me at the following email address: Gunship3d.moderator.kibbles@gmail.com

Mo'Gas

• PETER PETER YES THANOS
    • View Profile
Re: Important Message
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 04:25:40 AM »
Suggestion:

When you absolutely have to quote a message containing a video, place spaces within the URL of the video which the post contains to get rid of the video but keep the text
I need CANNON SNIPING ABUSERS
250kg bombs and 20mm cannon
cannon sniper abuser
wiekiein
KILALREELGE
I GOT THIS FROM A VEYR RELIABLE WEBSITE
5km sniperp acbused glory to the 335
GLORY TO THE 355
Eagle_Flyer
kILLEREAGLE
role playres
MSSGFC Dr Mr.Mrs 5km sniperp acbused glory to the 335(355th)stirling