Author Topic: All time favorite plane  (Read 11438 times)

Stack fire

• View Profile
Re: All time favorite plane
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »
On top of that, the Hog pilot is the only Air Force critter around that can operate a weapon system with the mind of a grunt. Those guys are 100% customer service for the troop on the other end of the radio. We would refuel them down range and when a TIC call would come up, you've never seen two aircraft vertically separate as fast as that Hog and our tanker. Best sorties I've ever flown.

It's the only airplane that th bad guys run from when they hear it on station. They know that bird can loiter and the drivers love to use that gun.

As far as being susceptible to modern AA countermeasures, that stuff is so advanced anymore, I challenge anyone to find an airplane completely invincible. Ask the F-117 pilot in Serbia what hit him!
Things useless to a pilot: The fuel in the truck, the altitude above you and whatever happened three seconds ago.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Matt™

« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »
On top of that, the Hog pilot is the only Air Force critter around that can operate a weapon system with the mind of a grunt. Those guys are 100% customer service for the troop on the other end of the radio. We would refuel them down range and when a TIC call would come up, you've never seen two aircraft vertically separate as fast as that Hog and our tanker. Best sorties I've ever flown.

It's the only airplane that th bad guys run from when they hear it on station. They know that bird can loiter and the drivers love to use that gun.

As far as being susceptible to modern AA countermeasures, that stuff is so advanced anymore, I challenge anyone to find an airplane completely invincible. Ask the F-117 pilot in Serbia what hit him!
A modified version of an older SAM Site XD

Stack fire

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Any aircraft is only as good as it's tactics. You fight to safeguard your vulnerabilities and maximize your attributes.
Things useless to a pilot: The fuel in the truck, the altitude above you and whatever happened three seconds ago.

SilentGuy

• Personal text? How personal must I get?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2015, 07:22:35 PM »
I find my favoritism with the Dassault Ralafe...something about it sparks my interest. I also have a strong affinity with the F-16.
F-15s, F-16s, F-22s...they were all built to defend a great country.
F-35s were built to bankrupt it.

Bullzeye

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2015, 05:21:07 PM »
All time favorite... The Ol BUFFasaurus! It's no slouch, nor is it's companion, the KC-135...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:44:38 PM by Bullzeye »
Pilots are people who fly airplanes for other people who can't fly.
Passengers are people who say they fly, but really just ride.

I've flown in both pilot seats. Can someone tell me why the other one is always occupied by an idiot?

Stack fire

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
I've only done that at 45 degrees of bank. It's impressive!

Now, imagine that BUFF doing CAS at low altitude. What a beast.

Matt™

« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »

Probably would be lost,Then again,you never know

god

« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2015, 10:11:58 PM »

With the development of radar-guided autocannon air defenses (20mm, 30mm, 40mm Gatling guns and autocannons), I would doubt that beast would survive a huge net of anti-air defenses...

Stack fire

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 03:44:02 AM »
So drop the air defenses with stand offs first. That's what cruise missles are for!

Matt™

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »
So drop the air defenses with stand offs first. That's what cruise missles are for!
Would a require a lot of Cruise misses as Modern AA is designed to knock them out

Scifer7™

• Russian bias))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »
Would a require a lot of Cruise misses as Modern AA is designed to knock them out
Heres an idea:

Just nuke them XD
🅱️Oi

Matt™

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2015, 02:39:01 PM »
Heres an idea:

Just nuke them XD

Bullzeye

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2015, 10:53:09 PM »
Just need to do some slap and tickle! Air defenses can be subdued in many ways... The idea behind the stand-off weapons is to create that corridor for the BUFF to penetrate. Combined with their low-level capabilities, it's a survivable environment for sure. And trust me, I've seen those things down in the dirt in western Kansas many times...well below 500agl lol

I've flown in both pilot seats. Can someone tell me why the other one is always occupied by an idiot?

The Iron Hand

• GS111, WoD, WT, and Battle Islands player.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 11:05:32 PM »
Just need to do some slap and tickle! Air defenses can be subdued in many ways... The idea behind the stand-off weapons is to create that corridor for the BUFF to penetrate. Combined with their low-level capabilities, it's a survivable environment for sure. And trust me, I've seen those things down in the dirt in western Kansas many times...well below 500agl lol
Those Buff Orpingtons sure get the job done. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:07:40 PM by The Iron Hand »
very ha ha moment

Bullzeye

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
The B-52G/H Orpington is a breed of BUFF built in the city of Wichita, in south-central Kansas, which was made famous in part by this breed. It was bred to be an excellent low-level penetrator with good survivable qualities. Its large size and hefty appearance, together with its SIOP colour and rough contours make it very attractive, and as such its popularity has grown as a show bird rather than a utility breed. BUFFs often become broody and are good mothers to it's crew. Although rather heavy, they are able to fly long distances, and do so often --- Taken from wiki's definition and modified slightly... Couldn't help myself after looking up Orpington lol ;-)